World-class convention centre welcomes the world
The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is a destination of choice for conferences, exhibitions and business events on the African continent. Located in the foreshore business precinct in the city of Cape Town, the centre is currently undergoing an impressive expansion project. The expansion– known as CTICC 2– is set to further the centre’s reputation for hosting the highest number of international association conferences in Africa and will allow it to simultaneously host concurrent large-scale events across CTICC 1 (the original facility) and CTICC 2.
Only a 20-minute drive from Cape Town International Airport, CTICC 1 offers:
- Two auditoria seating 1,516 and 612 delegates respectively
- A roof terrace for 380 delegates
- 33 breakout rooms of varying sizes accommodating 25-320 delegates
- 11,399m2 of dedicated exhibition and trade show space
- Versatile banqueting and function rooms including a grand ballroom of 2,000m2 with breath-taking city views
- 1,400 parking bays
CTICC 2, opening later in 2017, will increase the centre’s capacity with 10,000m2 of multipurpose conference and exhibition space and 3,000m2 of formal and informal meeting space. It has also been awarded a Four Star Green Building Rating by the South African Green Building Council.
The CTICC is a purpose-built facility in one of the premier tourism destination cities. Its expansion bolsters its vision to deliver extraordinary experiences to a far broader audience and become one of the top ten convention centres in the world.