Fabulously full programme at The Twelve Apostles this winter
Winter is most definitely here and that means all the more reason to enjoy some full-bodied red wines, blazing fires, comforting food and great getaways.
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa has something for everyone from fantastic accommodation and spa packages, to wonderful wine evenings in the Azure and a host of other winter events and activities.
- The hotel has a host of delicious winter specials to warm the cockles of your heart. Escape the city for an hour or two for its indulgent Express Lunch in a setting with views to die for. Guaranteed to have you in and out within an hour, if you’re under time constraints, the two-course Winter Lunch in the Azure Restaurant includes a glass of wine and a complimentary shuttle service from Camps Bay and V&A Waterfront. Lunch is from 12:30 to 15:00 and costs R295 per person.
- Keep the chill out of your bones with The Twelve Apostles’ hearty Curry Evenings. Taking place every evening from 18:00-22:00 in The Café Grill from June to August, the menu includes a traditional plated starter, family-style main course (three different curries, rice and roti) and a delectable dessert. Price is R360 per person.
- For an evening of sophistication and fine fare join the hosting winery and the hotel’s culinary team in the Azure Restaurant for its monthly Food and Wine Paired Dinners.
- The Meerlust Wine Dinner takes place on Friday 28 July.
Beginning in 1756, growing fine wines on the Meerlust Estate has been part of the Myburgh family tradition for eight generations. Situated in the Stellenbosch winelands, Meerlust continues to produce world-class wines under the experienced eye of winemaker Chris Williams. Join hosts – executive chef Christo Pretorius and Chris Williams for an evening of glorious food and wine from one of South Africa’s favourite wineries. Price is R585 per person (meal, wine, water and gratuity).
- A taste exploration and a great night out! The hotel’s new Dégustation Dinners offer a wonderful combination of flavours and textures across six mouth-watering courses. Dinners take place in the Azure Restaurant on the first Friday of every month. The Chef’s Table can also be booked for exclusive dinners and can accommodate between six and 12 guests. Booking is essential. Price is R2150 per person for a six-course dinner including wine, water and gratuity.
- If you’re crazy about craft beer then our Craft Beer and Canape Special is for you. The special includes five beers, paired with five different canapes. Available daily between 11:00 and 18:00, at R225 per person.
- Tuck into our Burger and Craft Beer Special while relaxing in the Leopard Bar and taking in the best views on the west coast. Order any of our gourmet burgers and receive a complimentary 300ml Craft Beer on tap. Available all day Monday to Friday.
- And you just can’t beat The Twelve Apostles’ Dinner and a Movie Overnight Package for amazing luxury and value. Be wined and dined with a three-course dinner from our choice select menu in either the Azure or the Café Grill Restaurants, before settling down for a cosy movie in our private cinema, and then an overnight stay. After a good night’s rest, sit down to our legendary English breakfast and return home after what can only be described as the ultimate night out! Package available until 30 September, price is R1730 per person per night. Dinner and movie only is R525 per person.
New vegan tasting menu
Due to increasing demand the hotel has launched a vegan tasting menu, consisting of the freshest, healthiest seasonal ingredients. The meal costs R475 per person and is also paired with some of the Western Cape’s most delicious wines.
Tea by the Sea
The hotel’s legendary High Tea is the ideal way to spoil yourself or to celebrate a special birthday, kitchen tea or baby shower. Indulge in scrumptious, freshly baked scones with all the trimmings, cupcakes, and mouth-watering finger sandwiches, enjoyed with the perfect cup of tea or coffee.
A special Tea by the Sea buffet is served on weekends, while three-tiered tea stands are available daily in The Leopard Bar, for those who prefer individual service.
Price: R 275 per person – Served on a 3-tier stand in Leopard Bar or Conservatory daily. A High Tea Buffet is served on weekends.
Gather friends and family and sit down to the venue’s generous traditional Sunday Lunch Buffet, served in the Azure Restaurant with relaxing live entertainment by lounge vocalist Jenie Oliver.
Tuesday Wine Tastings
Join The Twelve Apostles for a complimentary wine tasting hosted by its talented head sommelier Gregory Mutambe and his team. Presented every Tuesday, pre-dinner wine tastings are available to Azure Restaurant diners and in-house guests. Discover new South African wines and order your favourite to be savoured over dinner.
Time: 17:30 – 18:30
- Thursday Craft Beer and Craft Cider Tastings
Join The Twelve Apostles before dinner for this unique tasting experience, in The Leopard Bar. A selection of three, mostly locally-produced brews, will be introduced by one of the hotel’s talented mixologists, who will explain the different styles and brewing methods and offer the perfect food pairing suggestions.
Time: 17:30 – 18:30
Fynbos and Feast
Get up close to the Western Cape’s famous fynbos with the hotel’s unique hike and lunch package that combines culinary pleasures with outdoor pursuits. Enjoy a three-course lunch in the Café Grill and a hosted walk along a hiking trail in the Table Mountain National Park, leading directly from the hotel onto the slopes of the Twelve Apostles mountain range. Recommended: walking shoes, hat and sunscreen (a bottle of water per person will be provided for the hike)
Venue: Café Grill
Price: R525 per person
- Blockbuster Birthday Parties
Make yours the best birthday bash ever! The hotel’s unique and stress-free children’s party offering includes a delicious fun-filled lunch and milkshake, followed by the movie (chosen by the birthday girl or boy) in the hotel’s private cinema, with popcorn and a host of sweet treats.
Venue: Café Grill & Cinema
Price: R325 per child: Kiddies Menu (8-12 years)
R385 per teen: Teen Menu (13 and older)
The Leopard Bar
Toast to the magnificent Cape sunsets from the terrace, or head indoors and sink into a plush sofa to catch up with friends over a glass of wine. Innovative cocktails, tasty snacks, live music and screenings of major sporting events all add up to make The Leopard Bar one of the most desirable hot spots in town. Sit back and relax in The Leopard Bar – open daily for cocktails and snacks, with great views and live music from Monday to Saturday evenings; 18:00 – 21:00.
For more information and to book, contact Restaurant Reservations on 021 437 9029 or firstname.lastname@example.org